A-TECH Goes to Disneyland

Luis Montes

As the semester comes to a close end and final exams approaches, students at A-TECH began to get stressed out over the end of the semester. It was during this time that a number of students decided to take a break from all their school work and reward themselves with a trip to Disneyland that their clubs were offering on 9 of December.

“Initially it just started off as FBLA and yearbook. Mr. Bailey and I did it as a combination so that we can get enough people to fill a bus,” said Mr. Charles, the yearbook adviser.

As spots were unfilled a choice was made to give the opportunities to other clubs like the ambassadors to join in on the fun.

“Depending on how many people we had going we opened it up to other clubs, so we opened it up to the ambassador club as well,” explained Mr. Charles, the yearbook adviser. “The whole reason was so that we can use it as a fundraiser and a reason for the kids to go to Disneyland.”

While the clubs used Disney as a way to raise money some students used it as an excuse to escape from school.

“I thought of Disneyland as a getaway from all the work and stress-fullness of school and just wanted to splurge myself in the wonderful delights that Disney has to offer,” stated Luis Montes, a ambassador at A-TECH. “It was an amazing experience to remember.”

Disneyland is said to be the happiest place on earth and just so happened that a student from A-TECH decided to spend a very special day for her there.

“I choose to go to Disneyland because I’ve never been and because it was the weekend of my birthday and wanted to do something fun,” said Marianna Grayer, an FBLA member. “I’ve always been a Disney fan and I got to see my favorite character, so I had a lot of fun.”

Marianna as well took this as an opportunity to distress herself from school and all the upcoming exams.

“It gave me an opportunity to relax from school even though it was on the weekend, the whole time I wasn’t even thinking about school,” stated Marianna. “I needed a break from school because at times it can become stressful during finals when everyone is rushing to fit stuff in.”

As the students were left to have fun in their selected groups at Disneyland the advisers used this as an opportunity to do fun check in activities through google classroom.

“We did a cool check in method. We set up a class in google classroom, so every two hours with their group students had to post either a picture or a video of them doing something we chose,” explained Mr. Charles. “Whether it was spelling out A-TECH together or acting out a scene from their favorite Disney movie.”

One thing is for sure Disneyland left the students with great memories.

“I had the time of my life and will always remember that night,” stated Luis.