Maverick Open House for Eighth Graders

On Monday, December 4, A-TECH hosted an open house for eighth graders looking to apply for the next school year. Each program area presented at different times, so students could look at different ones.

The presentations started at 5:30 p.m. with engineering followed by the other programs. They took place in the lecture hall.

Many electives and clubs were also at the open house trying to pique the interest of the students there. Journalism, Developer’s Club, Rock 4 Change, and others were talking to students and their parents in the atrium.

Sophomore Jefrin Jojan was there to promote Speech and Debate for the incoming students.

“They need to know what is available and what they are getting into,” said Jojan.

The eighth graders got to see many aspects of A-TECH when they attended open house. They saw different program areas, electives and clubs, toured the campus, and met some current students.

“I want to know more about the program I want to go into,” said eighth grader Sean Clark prior to seeing the presentations. “I want to go into engineering.”

Students with eighth grader siblings were given an invitation for open house to give to them and their parents.

Inside, there was information about the program areas and a QR code to RSVP for open house.

Many prospective students were able to attend open house.