Dance Another Day

Kieran Armstrong

Student Council created James Bond-style posters for homecoming.

On Saturday, October 21, A-TECH is giving its students a license to chill. This year’s homecoming theme is “007: Casino Royale,” and the homecoming committee has gone all out.

Posters have engulfed the halls to hype up the dance and the boards in the cafeteria are decorated with James Bond quotes. Admission is $20, and the dance will begin at 7:00 p.m. and end at 10:00 p.m..

To bring a friend (or someone more ;)) from another school, A-TECH students must fill out a form and have it signed by the visiting school’s dean. These flyers can be found at student services. Friday, September 20, is the last day to buy tickets.

The homecoming committee was anxious to speak about their product.

“This is actually the first year we’ve done homecoming this early,” said Student Council President Alex Chambreau. “We did that to include the voice of the student body because they did want it earlier. We really think that’s going to reflect the outcome of tickets.”

Properly representing the student body is an important goal for StuCo.

“This year we really focused on the student body — really trying to get them involved in each step of the process to achieve the wanted final product,” said StuCo Senior Senator Alexis Calin.

This homecoming will certainly be different from A-TECH homecomings of the past, and the amount of student interaction is bound to strike a special bond — maybe even a James Bond.