The student news site of Advanced Technologies Academy

Filed under A&E

The Speed Force returns!

Season four of 'The Flash' is speeding your way.

The CW

The CW

(Season three spoilers below)

What is quite possibly the most popular of The CW’s superhero television shows is coming back for a fourth season, and the hype may have just broken Mach 3 (There will be Flash references throughout this article, just as a heads up). The show returns on Tuesday, October 10, and has been under production for the past six months.

Season three of The Flash ended on an uncertain note, as Barry entered the Speed Force to stop the “Speed Force storm” that was tearing his city apart. The storm raised eyebrows about the possibility that the show might be entering the Rebirth comic timeline, in which the Flash exits the Speed Force after years of being trapped inside, and Wally West becomes the new Flash.

The anticipation for The Flash season four has been extremely high after speculation, comic theories, and leaked camera footage. The Rebirth theory is reinforced by confirmed footage and images of Keiynan Lonsdale (Wally West) wearing the red Flash suit instead of his usual yellow Kid Flash suit.

The Speed Force storm also brings another character from the comics to mind, the legendary speedster, Godspeed. It’s unclear whether he will be introduced into the show, however, so it’s probably not a great idea to get your hopes up, yet.

Grant Gustin (The Flash) confirmed at Comic Con that the new season’s villain is not another speedster. Season four’s menace will be Clifford DeVoe a.k.a. the Thinker. This is bound to change the dynamic of the show, as the first three seasons had villains with super speed (Reverse Flash, Zoom, and Savitar).

The directors of The Flash also revealed something at Comic Con. They lightened the mood of the show. Season three’s plotline was certainly dark, filled with brooding uncertainty as Iris West’s future death date by Savitar approached faster than Team Flash would’ve hoped. This season, however, will be more upbeat and full of jokes and banter, like season one.

The hype for season four’s release puts the pressure on Grant Gustin, his fellow cast members, and the writers and directors on the team. May the Speed Force be with them.

• The Speed Force returns!

A&E

Emmys 2017: Overview, Preview of Major Categories

• The Speed Force returns!

A&E

DEFCON 1 Reviews: ‘The Dark Tower’

• The Speed Force returns!

A&E

DEFCON 1 Reviews: ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’

• The Speed Force returns!

A&E

“Everything Everything” Book Review

• A&E

New to Netflix in June

• The Speed Force returns!

A&E

Underrated, Must-Play 3DS Games!

• The Speed Force returns!

A&E

What We’ve Been Waiting For

• The Speed Force returns!

A&E

Counterpoint to “Why Netflix Just Lost My Subscription”

• The Speed Force returns!

A&E

Why Netflix Just Lost My Subscription

• The Speed Force returns!

A&E

BTS Making History