How Not to Die During Exams

Lucy Vargas, Staff Writer

Exam season, the only season where every school turns into the walking dead. Not to mention where every teacher is like casually crawling away from all the meetings. Luckily I have a way to not actually die!

Step One: PLAN YOUR TIME WISELY.

Don’t procrastinate why do you want to do that? Or like you try to tell yourself you are going to study but end up watching Thirteen Reasons Why. Your test is going to pull up on you and then next thing you know you are being welcomed to your tape.

Step Two: SLEEP

Aha you see throughout the whole year I have learned how not to sleep in classes because I am trying to be a good student, but then like you see I pass out. Especially during tests,  so I’m sorry to all my teachers.  Back to the actual point: actually sleep. Like put your head on your pillow and go night night at a reasonable time. No no, don’t go on your phone for like an hour and half.

Step Three : FOOD BREAK

Eat.

Step Four: ASK FOR HELP

Find a somewhat sane friend and ask for their input on knowledge. Or you know a teacher .

Step Five: STUDY

Listen unless you are one of those magical people who can pass a test without studying I suggest you study for a bit. Or like try and just kinda stare sadly at your books.

Step Six: FIND YOUR HAPPY PLACE

It helps, my happy place is anywhere but school and the text books.

Step Seven: CELEBRATE

What I mean is celebrate after the exams or before. Up to you really, just let me know what ya’ll doing.

Step Eight: DON’T BE AFRAID

I swear teachers and exams can smell fear. Be confident you got this!

Step Nine: SMILE

I don’t know. Smiling is just nice and people appreciate that.

Step Ten: BREATHE

Just breath okay? Everything will be okay, as long as you try your best and breath you’ll be okay! You have many people who support and care for you. Remember a grade does not define who you are!

Anyways I hope this was helpful (doubt it ) like I don’t even do most of these because I love to suffer. I wish you all the best luck!