Testing “L’Oreal® Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm” on Different Hair Types

What Hair Type can “L’Oreal® Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm” treat the best?

Yaquelin Romero

Featured on the left is the “L’Oreal® Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm” product, and present on the right are the jars where the product was put into for distribution.

Yaquelin Romero, Cub Writer

Finding the right product to moisturize your hair can be challenging. After winter or after using various heat tools, many times your hair may become very damaged. I had 7 people with different hair types try out “L’Oreal® Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm” to see which hair type can be moisturized/recovered the best with this great product. There is 8.5oz of product contained in the jar, and the price for this product ranges from $5.99 to $7.99.

Yaquelin Romero
Picture of front cover of the product, “L’Oreal® Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm”

Product Description:

The cover of the product states, “system repairs up to 1 year of damage to hair’s smoothness in 1 use”.  This product is meant for damaged and overworked hair. It also says that it contains “ceramide” which helps prevent broken fibers. The product expires after 12 months.

Yaquelin Romero
Lucy Vargas
Frizzy/Curly Hair
Sophomore

“It made my hair way more soft and silky. It actually brought out my curls more. It made them more manageable. I will actually use this again. I recommend this for people with frizzy and curly hair.”

Yaquelin Romero
Aaliyah Ashanti Torres
Braids
Freshmen

“I used it on Friday, the next morning I woke up, my head got itchy really badly. I would not use this conditioner again, it’d work better in someone else’s hair. Putting this into my braids wasn’t a great idea.”

Yaquelin Romero
Charise Bennett
Curly hair
Freshmen

“I really like the product, it made my hair feel really soft. I’d use it again, it definitely reduced the frizz of my hair. It made my hair more hydrated, I’d recommended it to people with curly hair. It felt healthier than before. I used 1 oz of it for my hair, and it worked perfectly fine. Considering I have a lot of hair.”

Yaquelin Romero
Clyde Raible
Thick/Wavy hair
Sophomore

“The product was okay, it felt like basic conditioner. It didn’t really change my hair, it worked like conditioner. Functioned the exact same way.”

Yaquelin Romero
Angela Velez
Oily/Straight hair
Freshmen

“My hair was pretty soft, it smelled pretty good. I recommend this for people with dry hair, because it softens it up. I used it twice, it seems like a product a good hair salon would use.”

Yaquelin Romero
Regi Ramos
Straight/Thick hair
Freshmen

“It smelled sweet, it had way too much fragrance for me. It felt like whipped cream, soft, and smooth…I would use it again. I recommend this to people who have straight and curly hair. I used about half an ounce of conditioner.”

Yaquelin Romero
Isabel Ceja
Wavy/Dry hair
Freshmen

“It made my hair very soft and it wasn’t very greasy or oily like many of the store brand conditioners I have bought before. I really liked it and what it did to my hair! I recommend people with brittle and dry hair to use this conditioner. People with split ends would benefit from this because I noticed it helped my hair.”

Yaquelin Romero
Marlyne Castro
Thin/Straight hair
Junior

“My hair is pretty soft to begin with. The conditioner didn’t really make a difference. I used it Sunday night and Monday morning. I put it in and then washed it out. My hair felt weird afterwards. In the morning it was fluffier than usual…it felt like any normal conditioner I couldn’t really see a difference. Although the product smelled really good, it smelled very tropically.”

After trying this product out on these different hair types, I’ve concluded that “L’Oreal® Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm” best treats curly, or dry hair. Using this mask once every week helps resolve your dehydrated hair. Using the mask is very simple.

First you apply a small amount to your wet hair, concentrating on the ends, then let it penetrate for 3 to 5 minutes. Depending on the amount of hair you have and the type, you may be required to use more or less. “L’Oreal® Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm” contains silicones, but specifically amodimethicone. The silicones in the product protect against thermal damage. The amodimethicone is an abbreviation for “amine-functionalized silicone,” overall they just provide selective conditioning to the areas most in need of. “L’Oreal® Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm” can be bought at convenient stores like Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, or online.