J.Cole Album Release: 4 For Eyez Only

Photographed+by+Skyler+Lange+

Photographed by Skyler Lange

Skyler Lange, Staff Writer

Rapper J.Cole has recently announced the release of his fourth studio album “For Your Eyez Only.” The ten track album is scheduled to be released on December 9.

Cole announced the release of his fourth studio album on December 1, 2016 which conveniently comes out exactly 2 years after his last album 2014 Forest Hills Drive.

“I feel the rap game has been lacking intellectual and inspirational speakers lately. I feel J. Cole coming back with this banger is gonna take over the entire rap game,” said sophomore Joseph Moses.

In addition to the new album, Cole recently released a behind-the-scenes documentary called Eyez. The documentary features snippets of his music videos for “False Prophets” and “Everybody Dies”

On Tuesday December 6, Cole’s label, Dreamville shared the album artwork which shows no evidence of any featured artists ultimately keeping his “platinum with no features” tradition alive. Cole was also the first LP to to sell more than one million copies without a guest appearance.

During his performance at Meadows Festival in New York on October 2nd, Cole stated that his performance during the festival would be his last show for a very “very long time”. While explaining his absence from the music scene, fans chanted the words “new album.”

J.Cole’s album is available for pre-order on iTunes.