2020-2021- CCSD attempts to go the distance…Distance Learning That Is

Staff Writer, Mav Journalist

Welcome back…well, not exactly!!!   

As society attempts to deal with the new “normal”, CCSD begins the 2020 – 2021 school year with distance learning. Schools throughout the Clark County School District have  implemented a wide range of platforms and approaches to offering quality instruction and as much support for students and families as possible. Although A-TECH is no stranger to flipped classrooms and the use of a myriad of technological tools, having the entire student body and faculty navigate online learning does require patience, flexibility, tenacity, and some good old fashioned ingenuity.

Despite some techno-bobbles, the A-TECH family is making the best of the situation, and everyone is working together to keep the standard of excellence and the “Maverick School Spirit” alive and well. As the year progresses, students are encouraged to reach out to their teachers and counselors for assistance and support. Students should attend office hours before and after school for one on one assistance. Many resources are available, and the A-TECH Administration and Faculty want to really offer students all the help needed to succeed. Do not hesitate to ask for help if you need it. We are all in this together, and although sometimes we feel as if we are flying in the plane while it is being built, we are on our way, and we will continue to navigate this journey together.

So get on board and remember, just because we are. working from a distance doesn’t mean we should be distant. Participate in classes, clubs, activities, and special events virtually. Together we can make this an amazing year regardless of what comes our way.