Thoughts on Endgame

Thoughts on Endgame

ralpoonvast

ralpoonvast

ralpoonvast

The one movie we had all been waiting for since Infinity War came out: Endgame. The tearjerker of the year. When it first came out all I could see on social media was “please no spoilers” or “if you spoil it for me I will literally fight you.” I can say this because I was one of them. I was wondering what the fanatics of marvel thought about Endgame and what their bizarre opinions on it were.

Remember we are all movie critics in this very moment, so please try to control your emotions and don’t jump anyone that says something you don’t like. Also, if you haven’t seen the movie yet, just exit out right now, no need for that. Please enjoy everyone’s rant about endgame. 🙂

To be specific, I asked all students what their favorite and least favorite parts of the movie were, and I was surprised by all of the answers. Some of you will like this, and some of you won’t, just a warning. I started off with Freshman Sammantha Alvarez that almost blocked me due to me talking about endgame. Love you the most! <3

“I’d have to say my favorite part was the scene where Peter and Tony reunited, is my favorite. It’s honestly where I cried the most. Just to see the relief that Tony had to see him and knowing what drove Tony to create/finish the time machine was Peter made me really emo. I was glad they got to see each other and have their moment before everything went wild again. I didn’t like the scenes where they erased the character that Thor is. I feel like Thor: Ragnarok really displayed the person that Thor is but in my opinion it all went down the drain in Endgame. Seeing him play Fortnite might’ve been funny but I personally wish he hadn’t changed that drastically. Other than that, I love Peter Parker 3000,” said Alvarez.

Junior Samuel Self had his own opinion to express, but also agreed with Alvarez in some parts.

“My favorite part of Endgame was when Ant Man, Black Widow and Captain America went to visit Hulk. The way the directors portrayed Hulk as a calm, middle aged man. In my opinion, it is a humorous contrast between his past self. I didn’t like the part when they were playing Fortnite. I wouldn’t like to be reminded of that trend in ten years from now,” said Self.

Sophomore Jhamileth Velasquez had more of a connection with the sentimental parts of the movie.

“My favorite part of the movie was when Captain America remained in the past to marry Peggy Carter in which he continues his life from there, at the end of the movie we see that he is really old. Something that made me tear up was Tony Stark’s death when he snapped his fingers to save the universe but in the process he forfeited his own life. I was devastated, he was my favorite superhero and his death came so unexpected. Overall, it was a good movie.” 

The saddest scenes in a movie can be the ones that we enjoy the most, but the small details can also be significant. Senior PJ Rodgers enjoyed a particular moment that happened at the end of the movie.

“My favorite part of Endgame is probably the end scene when Captain America becomes worthy of  Thor’s hammer and you get to see him use it. It was just crazy because it never clicked that Captain America would be able to have the power of lightning like Thor and then his vibranium shield too. The way Black Widow died had me so annoyed. The fact that her and Hawkeye were literally fighting over who gets to commit suicide first was so stupid especially when she’s worked tirelessly just to find a way to beat Thanos. It was a good movie, but it was just long and boring at parts, but I can’t really complain. It’s still an iconic series and I’d watch that mess three times over until I know every last scene,” said Rodgers.

Action can be very crucial components in movies, but what if it just isn’t as good as you expect it to be? Freshman Vincent Carlton wasn’t pleased with the big fight scene at the end of the movie.

“The part I enjoyed the most was the funeral, it had a really strong sense of symbolism. Honestly, the big fight scene was pretty disappointing. The action was pretty mediocre, it reminded me of two kids playing with all their action figures,” Carlton explained.

At the end, we all have different opinions and perspectives of things. One person can think something is truly amazing, and the other can think it’s the worst thing in the world. This is something that should be explored, imagine if we were all the same, there wouldn’t be any in depth discussions about anything. It would be a train wreck. Respect other people’s opinions if they don’t, oh well, keep being you because you’re great!