Filed under Opinion

Why You Should Thrift Shop

Why You Should Thrift Shop

Savers @ Rancho and Cheyenne

Savers @ Rancho and Cheyenne

Maddy Kennedy

Savers @ Rancho and Cheyenne

Maddy Kennedy

Maddy Kennedy

Savers @ Rancho and Cheyenne

“Thrifting is an opportunity for you to be yourself. It’s an opportunity to be unique and for you to not dress like everyone else,” said freshman Samantha Miller Lucas.

Thrifting is one of the upcoming trends as the fashion industry grows and as many teenagers influence millions through various social medias. Thrift shopping is basically buying already used clothing that have been donated to stores all over.

Through thrifting, teenagers are actually bring back popular styles and clothing items from earlier generations like the 80’s and 90’s. Not only is thrifting an amazing opportunity to bring back your favorite 80’s and 90’s styles, but the best part of thrifting are the prices! Thrift shopping is the best way to get amazing clothing for super cheap prices.

Rather than going to a mall where you’d spend 20 dollars or more on a single shirt, you could thrift and find that shirt or tons of other shirts for just dollars. So why would you want to spend that much money when you can spend so little?

Not only is thrifting better because of price range and creativity, but it is also a lot better for the environment. Thrifting is a part of green living and benefits the environment in more than one way.

When you thrift and buy used clothing, you are keeping them from being sent to a landfill. Thrifting definitely is a friendly way to shop and helps lower your carbon footprint.

Common thrifting stores would be places like your Goodwill and Savers. Yet there are so many more thrift stores to shop from, such as places like Castaways, Assistance League, and House of Bargains.

“Personally, I thrift shopping not only because of the cheaper prices, but because you can find some really cute things. You find really neat clothing and things that you don’t even know exist sometimes,” said freshman Kayla Vo. “It’s like a little adventure every time. Nothing is ever the same.”

It’s always fun to try new things, so try thrift shopping, and you might just like it a little more than you think.

About the Writer
Madison Kennedy, Cub Reporter

I love Football and cheer. I do competition cheer myself, but in the future I hope to become a fashion designer.

• Why You Should Thrift Shop

Opinion

Stan Culture Must Be Stopped

• Why You Should Thrift Shop

Opinion

The E-Boy Epidemic

• Why You Should Thrift Shop

Opinion

Is the Foldable Phone Worth It?

• Why You Should Thrift Shop

Opinion

Annoying People On Social Media

• Why You Should Thrift Shop

Features

Biggest Regrets

• Why You Should Thrift Shop

News

Houston, We Have A Problem!

• Why You Should Thrift Shop

A&E

Reviewing Khalid’s Free Spirit

• Why You Should Thrift Shop

Opinion

Consent is a Basic Human Right

• Why You Should Thrift Shop

Opinion

How To Know If A Guy Likes You

• Why You Should Thrift Shop

Opinion

Stop Taking the Bait