The Lion King Trailer is Out!

Produced by Walt Disney Studios

Jaz'myn Anderson, Cub Reporter

We all knew that Disney was bound to make a live action movie for most of their original films, and they finally did it! The trailer for The Lion King can out on Wednesday, April 10th and is looking quite interesting.

The trailer starts out with cubs (Simba and Nala) entering the Elephant Graveyard. “Life’s not fair, is it my little friend? While some are born to feast, others spend their lives in the dark … begging for scraps,”

“Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. While others search for what they can take, a true king searches for what he can give,”says Mufasa who is voiced by James Earl Jones, who still remains to be the voice of Mufasa. “You must take your place in the Circle of Life.”

We all know the story of Simba: A lion prince who was tricked into thinking that he was the cause of his father, Mufasa, death. Mufasa’s evil brother, Scar, is the one that actually kills his brother, bu he tricks Simba into thinking that he killed his father. Little did Simba know that Scar planned to steal Pride Rock for himself.

He is then sent into exile for his crimes where he makes new friends, Timon and Pumba. They watch him grow and raise him to become the strong lion that he is presented towards the middle of the movie. Then visited by his father’s ghost, who tells him that Pride Rock is in trouble and that he needs to return to take his rightful place as King.

You know, just like the regular movie, but with better graphics.

The voice cast for the upcoming movie includes Donald Glover as Simba, Beyonce Knowles as Nala, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar, John Oliver as Zazu, John Kani as Rafiki

The Lion King is said to appear in theaters on July 19, and Disney has been working on the project for a long time, dating back to 2017.

The trailer is fantastic, with the setting and animation of the African animals. I just hope that they continue to make live action Disney movies, because so far, they have captured the true nature of the storyline.

About the Writer
Jaz'myn Anderson, Cub Reporter

I am a Taurus that loves to read and listen to music --all genres except country. I'm pretty shy but once I get to know people, I get pretty wild. I would...

• The Lion King Trailer is Out!

News

Speech and Debate Moves to Nationals

• The Lion King Trailer is Out!

News

Fun Assembly at A-TECH

• News

Boyd Law School Field Trip

• The Lion King Trailer is Out!

News

Movie Night with Mavericks

• News

Recyclable Electronics

• The Lion King Trailer is Out!

News

Innocent or Guilty

• The Lion King Trailer is Out!

News

Students Encouraged to Attend College and Career Fair

• The Lion King Trailer is Out!

News

The FUN Assembly

• The Lion King Trailer is Out!

News

Digital Game Development I’s First Games

• The Lion King Trailer is Out!

News

A-TECH Student Ethan Duggan Wins $10,000 Scholarship