Filed under Opinion

How To Deal With Burnout

How To Deal With Burnout

The end of the year is coming around and most students can already taste summer. We’re on the last leg of the school year a lot of us are almost out of fuel. However, a lot of the time the end of the year holds the most time consuming, exhausting, and draining activities the school year has to offer.

We have AP exams, final exams, and everybody is trying to get their grades up to end the year off strong. The problem is a lot of us are tapped out. We’ve been doing this the whole year and pushing through those final six weeks can be the most difficult part of the school year.

A lot of us face the dreaded burnout.

Burnout is a state of emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress.

Turn Out To Other People:

You should try to find somebody you trust and just vent to them. Look for a good listener and rant. Rant about everything bothering you: the ridiculous amount of work you have, how mentally and physically exhausted you are; heck, cry if you need to, just get it off your chest. It’s the most relieving thing ever. Talking to somebody you find fun can also be a great distraction. For a couple of hours, let loose, laugh, and have fun. When you come back to reality you will feel more refreshed.

Focus On Yourself:

You’re already tired. You cannot afford to take on any more work, so learn to say “no.” Focus on your own work and don’t help anybody else. Be selfish. The less time you spend helping other people the more time you will have to focus on yourself.

Relax:

Set a day for yourself and relax. Don’t think about your work for a couple of hours or maybe a whole day. Do what you enjoy doing. If it’s watching Netflix do that. Just be carefree of hours and let loose, and after your little relaxation session, you will feel refreshed and ready to face your work head on.

Sleep:

Feeling physically tired may translate to burnout. Take a nap, or just get a full 8 hours of sleep. There’s nothing like a good rest to get you through the day.

Find Balance:

Get a hobby. Find something else you enjoy doing to get your mind off of the work you don’t like doing. If you spend a couple of hours doing what you enjoy doing, doing what you don’t enjoy doing will seem less painful. Find satisfaction elsewhere in your life.

The end of the year can be the most tiring times, but just remember you’re almost done. Keep pushing.

About the Contributor
Ebube Okpara, Cub Reporter

If I spent as much time on studying as I did on social media I would have straight A's.

• How To Deal With Burnout

Opinion

How To Know If A Guy Likes You

• How To Deal With Burnout

Opinion

Stop Taking the Bait

• How To Deal With Burnout

Humor

The Right Way to Procrastinate

• Opinion

Rodeos are Abusive

• How To Deal With Burnout

Opinion

Fighting the Stigma on Homelessness & Mental Health

• How To Deal With Burnout

Opinion

The 10 Different Types of Friends That We Have

• How To Deal With Burnout

Opinion

Episode Is A Flop

• How To Deal With Burnout

Opinion

American Citizens Take Advantage of Financial Aid

• How To Deal With Burnout

Opinion

Be More Willing To Help Homeless People

• How To Deal With Burnout

Opinion

Sad? Juice WRLD it.