Filed under Features

Zappos Field Trip

Zappos+fieldtrip

Zappos Field Trip

Zappos fieldtrip

Zappos fieldtrip

Alexa Flores

Zappos fieldtrip

Alexa Flores

Alexa Flores

Zappos fieldtrip

The first week of April a few business students took a trip to Zappos. They saw a little glimpse of how Zappos employees worked and of their work environment. One of the tour guide shadows stated that for every person their day is different.

There were a lot of different things from a normal workplace. It’s almost like when you walk into a class that doesn’t have rows of desks but instead has couches and is considered “a cool or better classroom”.

In the tour they showed the students many different activities and relaxing spaces that they’re allowed to attend. They had a garden people can participate to take care of, a gym, a mini golf set up, a little cafe thing, a place specifically for people and their dogs and many more interesting spaces. People can even sign up for yoga classes and other activities. They don’t have offices, they only have a desk, but many people, from what was seen, did their work on their laptops elsewhere.

A student commented,“How do you guys ever get work done?” The tour guide replied it’s their responsibility even with the freedom they have. They are their own boss.

The place seems like a huge distraction mainly because I would always want to be out. You choose when you want to work: you have this great freedom.

A student commented on the fact that she heard that in an interview if the interviewee is dressed professionally the interviewer would cut their tie off if they had one. The tour guides said that they wouldn’t want them to dress up professionally because that’s not who they are but a jeans and t-shirt is. Employees who work in Zappos don’t have a dress code, if you want to look nice you may but the company is attracted to the real you. The company wants to see the real you.

Overall the experience was interesting. I feel it’d be cool to see more of that workplace. Though it does seems to be difficult to trust many people to do their work whenever they feel like it.

About the Contributor
Alexa Flores, Cub Reporter

I don’t do much right now but with the things that I do right now hopefully it’ll lead me to see many clear, blue beaches in the world and to see many...

• Zappos Field Trip

Features

Freshmen Thoughts on the Odyssey Quest

• Zappos Field Trip

Features

Tips For Getting Noticed

• Zappos Field Trip

Features

Is Take Your Child To Work Day Really That Important?

• Zappos Field Trip

Features

Article 13 In the E.U.

• Zappos Field Trip

Features

R.I.P. AirPower

• Zappos Field Trip

Features

How to Get Your Homework Done: Tips from a Chronic Procrastinator

• Zappos Field Trip

Features

Tips for Young Authors #4: The Devil’s in What?

• Zappos Field Trip

Features

Senior Capstone Photo Essay

• Zappos Field Trip

Features

A-TECH Reacts: Egg Boy

• Zappos Field Trip

Features

The Nightmares of School