A-TECH Reacts to: Elon Musk Laughing at Dead Deer

JD Lasica

Angel Acosta-Garcia, Cub Reporter

With the raging battle on YouTube to keep PewDiePie number one (in subscriber counts), many YouTube creators, civilians, celebrities, and many others, join this battle.

Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX, and Justin Roiland, writer for the show “Rick and Morty,” joined this battle by hosting Meme Review, one of PewDiePie’s series.

For those who don’t know, Meme Review is where people rate recent/trending memes.

In the recent Meme Review, it births the scene where Elon Musk laughed at a dead deer.

Some people and organizations think it is inhumane while others find it funny or are unamused.

A few students were interviewed about their thoughts towards Elon Musk laughing at a dead deer.

Many people have heard about the review. Freshman William Giraldo “I heard all of the jokes and rumors about it.”

In the midst of doing interviews, I have came across people who didn’t know that Elon Musk hosted Meme Review and other people who didn’t know Elon Musk at all.

In these interviews, I put students in the same situation as Elon Musk was in, seeing a dead body of a deer inside a pool.

Student James Harris say “I’ll try to eat it, because I get hungry a lot,” which come from an A-TECH lifestyle.

Freshman Dominick Beck said he will, “laugh as hard as [he] can,” While student Dallas Smith will “just leave it be”

Freshman William Giraldo’s reaction would be fear, “cause’ like what happen here, I want to know how it fell, then probably laugh at it suddenly.”

People have different opinions towards musk’s actions, some say it’s humane, but everyone doesn’t agree.

“Well, I don’t know, it was sudden and shock humor is pretty funny sometimes,” said Dominick Beck.

William Giraldo says it’s jumane, “there’s worse things to laugh about.”

“All people have their own sense of humor, its subjective I guess you could say and if he finds that funny, it’s on him, if people think its not funny, its okay,” he added.

“Inhumane,” said James harris, “cause’ why would you laugh at something dead, that’s not cool”

Dallas Smith says, “Depends on the situation… it be questionable why he just started laughing.”

PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, is an non-profit organization that has made attacks towards Elon Musk for laughing at a dead deer.

Dominick Beck says, “all the attacks Peta has made against him, there not really fair cuz they kill hundreds of animals”

“To attack someone because of it [people’s humor], is just wrong,” William Giraldo added.

No matter what, people have their own thoughts and opinions that people can agree or disagree to. For most people, this scene provided a laugh for them.

About the Writer
Angel Acosta-Garcia, Cub Reporter

I’m a Freshman who is usually quiet and enjoys playing Animal Crossing, reading anything (but especially mysteries), and writing. I am also very active...

• A-TECH Reacts to: Elon Musk Laughing at Dead Deer

Features

The Aladdin Trailer Is Looking… Interesting

Features

Frozen 2 is One Dramatic Movie

Features

Playlist Wonders

Features

Tips for Young Authors #3: Where Do I Start?

Features

Tips for Young Authors #2: Mary Who?

Features

Farewell Mr. Gearhart

Features

Tips for Young Authors #1: Cookies?

Features

The Cleveland Browns Rise

Features

Tea About A-TECH’S Carnival

Features

DEFCON 1 REVIEWS: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse