Filed under Playlists

March 2019 Playlist

March 2019 Playlist

Wesley Shaver via Pexels

Wesley Shaver via Pexels

Wesley Shaver via Pexels

March is a month of St. Patrick’s Day, Spring, March Madness, and of course, the ever-dreadful ACT. With this time of the school year, students really need a push to do their best. Many, including myself, are lacking inspiration. A good song can fix that.

So, without further ado, these are the songs chosen for the March 2019 MavMessengerMusic playlist.

Spring Time:

To start, we have selected some songs about sunshine. With spring fast approaching, some of the sadness that comes with winter time is starting to melt away. That’s why “Here Comes The Sun” by The Beattles is the perfect song. It lets you know that “it’s alright.”

“Walking On Sunshine” by Katerina and the Waves, and “Pocketful of Sunshine” by Natasha Bedingfield are also good choices. Both are songs that make you have a positive outlook, which a lot of students need right now.

March Madness:

Of course, there’s also March madness coming up. To celebrate that, we have selected one of the greatest songs of all time.

“Getcha Head In The Game” from High School Musical not only motivates students for March Madness and for studying, but brings us back to our childhoods. This upbeat song is an overall 10/10.

“MAD World” by Tears for Fears is also on here, simply because it’s a pun. It’s a MAD world during March Madness right?

School is Hard:

This time of the year has a lot of tests, including the ACT, which induces a lot of stress among students. A good song can really motivate students to push through and get those grades they want.

One such strong is “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson. Even after a bad day, this song shows that they can push through a struggle to become stronger in the end.

The same thing is accomplished by the song “I Will Survive” by Pat Benetar. Even if you get a really bad grade on a test, you can recover and everything will be alright in the end.

“Staying Alive” by the BeeGees is also a good one to motivate students. It’s very catchy, and had a simple message: to stay alive. The repetition of the phrase will get it into your mind to stay alive.

“Rise” by Jonas Blue featuring Jack and Jack is a song I recently discovered, but is great all the same. It encourages listeners to “rise, rise, rise, rise, rise till we fall.” The song has a unique sound and is very motivational.

Of course, with all the tests in March, students will be pulling all-nighters. To celebrate that lack of sleep, I have included “Fireflies” by Owl City. This song is a bop. Need I say more?

To keep things upbeat, I have also included “Everything is AWESOME!!!” by Tegan and Sara. This song will get you feeling like EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! An outlook we could all use right now.

Irish Pride:

The biggest day this month, is of course, St. Patrick’s Day. I couldn’t finish this playlist without putting on some songs to celebrate this day.

First, there’s “Scarborough Fair” by Celtic Woman, a traditional song from Ireland. It’s upbeat and all instrumental. This song is surely to get you into the St. Patrick’s Day mood.

We also have “Basket Case” by GREEN Day. Get it, GREEN? Ha! I’m hilarious.

Because I Said So:

I had to play my mom friend card for this one. I couldn’t leave this playlist without putting on some of my personal favorite songs.

“Eastside” by Halsey and Khalid is a relatively recent song, and it’s really good. Halsey is one of my favorite artists, and her voice blends really well with Khalid’s.

I also included “Bubbly” by Colbie Caliat. Not a lot of people have heard of this song, and that’s unfortunate because it’s really good. Take some time to listen to this song in March.

About the Contributor
Allison Clark, Editor-in-Chief

I am a Gemini vegetarian who is a Green Bay Packer fan. Some of my favorite things are RWBY, Fire Emblem, Miraculous Ladybug, cute ducks, and sports.

• March 2019 Playlist

Playlists

February 2019 Playlist

• March 2019 Playlist

Playlists

December Playlist

• March 2019 Playlist

Humor

A-TECH News For 20,000 B.C.

• News

Improv Club Wins Competition

• March 2019 Playlist

Opinion

Best Cute Mobile Games

• March 2019 Playlist

Features

The Aladdin Trailer Is Looking… Interesting

• March 2019 Playlist

Features

Frozen 2 is One Dramatic Movie

• March 2019 Playlist

Opinion

Why Superhero Movies Are Overrated?

• March 2019 Playlist

Opinion

The Nevada School System’s Lack of Suicidal Prevention Education

• March 2019 Playlist

News

Newspaper Structures In Principles of Engineering