Filed under News

New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

It is now official, Keith Thomsen will be dropping his English 9 classes and taking on a new administrative position.

“It’s sad to think that the incoming freshmen won’t have the opportunity to know Mr. Thomsen as their English teacher like I did, but I’m happy for Mr. Thomsen, good for him,” said freshman Jeffrey Wojcik.

There are only two magnet positions at A-TECH: the Magnet Theme Coordinator and Magnet Recruiter.

This year, Gina Vallari has had a two-in-one job serving as both magnet positions. However, this will no longer be the case in the 2019-20 school year with Thomsen taking on the role as Magnet Theme Coordinator.

“The difference between Vallari’s job and my job, is that her job is to recruit and convince eighth graders into coming to A-TECH, whereas my job is to engage students in activities and make them happy to be here,” said Thomsen.

Thomsen then continued, “And that’s what I’m going to be doing through Student Council and my Leadership classes. We’ll be doing more events and activities during and after school, and all sorts of things like that.”

Thomsen will continue teaching two Leadership classes.

When asked about how he feels about Student Council, Thomsen replied, “They’re a fantastic group of students, and I’ve really enjoyed seeing what they’ve done to our school. I also really admire how much they really want to see this school succeed and see all the students happy. It’s a lot of fun to be in charge of them.”

Student Council currently consists of two main advisers, Thomsen as the head adviser and Ricci Underwood as the upperclassmen adviser. Underwood’s job is to prepare for all the senior events such as prom and the grad night trip.

Next year, A-TECH will also be having an underclassmen adviser who as of right now is English 9 Honors teacher, Erica Koprowski.

“I think it’s pretty cool how they different grades have different advisers. Like if we only had one adviser, then most of the events and planning would only go to seniors which isn’t fair. I feel like this is a lot more effective,” said junior Viviana Barajas.

In addition to his new position, Thomsen will also be helping teachers around the school with digital learning activities. This is nothing new for him, as his previous job was as a digital learning coach.

A digital learning coach basically goes around to different classes and helps teachers with technology and imputing it more effectively in an everyday basis in their classroom.

Teachers interested should contact Thomsen for further information.

About the Contributor
Brenda Vargas, Cub Reporter

“I love myself even though I look like a BURNT chicken nugget.”

• New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

News

Building Marble Sorters in Engineering

• New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

News

Houston, We Have A Problem!

• New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

News

University of Nevada Reno Visits Again!

• New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

News

Trial in a Judge’s Court

• New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

News

Online Registration for 2019-2020 Begins

• New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

News

2019 NFL Draft Begins

• New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

News

2019 NBA Playoffs Begin

• New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

News

Bridge Club Wins First Place in National Contest

• New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

News

Speech and Debate Moves to Nationals

• New Year, New Mr. Thomsen?

News

The Lion King Trailer is Out!