Filed under News

Business Management II Simulations

Business Management II Simulations

The Business Management II classes are working on management simulations for the month of February.

The juniors and seniors in these classes are working on simulations that require them to make decisions just as they would in real life. Although, they get to do it in a different kind of way: a game.

Subjects such as Recruiting and Hiring, Employee Supervision, and Pricing and Sales are just a few of the topics these students get to experience. The class is allowed to make decisions they believe are the best for the business and decide for themselves what to do in certain situations.

Kieran Armstrong, a junior in the class, believes the simulations could be useful past high school.

“Some of them are very long, I don’t dislike them. I definitely enjoy the concept, the idea of moving around different components of the simulations, because that is what business is about, tweaking things until you get it right. But I also struggle sometimes because they are very long,” stated Armstrong.

When asked if he enjoyed the freedom of the simulations, he responded with wanting more.

“I mean the issue is that some of the simulations cut off some of the options at certain stages. So you aren’t able to access some of them. You can’t hire and fire them in certain stages and you can’t move things around. So it provides the illusion of freedom but not full freedom,” said Armstrong.

German Uriostegui, a junior as well in the class thinks the simulations are practical.

“I find them useful because they are showing us real-life situations, where we can actually manage and control a business, just like if we were in the real setting,” said Uriostegui.

When asked if these simulations help to encourage his career in business, he agreed that they would indeed.

“I want to continue into business, that is my passion and these simulations definitely help,” stated Uriostegui.

As the students in the class can enjoy the long but fun process of a “learning game”, they are surely learning something that will help them later on in the future.

About the Contributor
James Cervantes-Smith, Cub Reporter

Hello, my name is James Cervantes-Smith and I am a Junior at Advanced Technologies Academy. This is my first year in Journalism and I am very excited to...

• Business Management II Simulations

News

Speech and Debate Moves to Nationals

• Business Management II Simulations

News

The Lion King Trailer is Out!

• Business Management II Simulations

News

Fun Assembly at A-TECH

• News

Boyd Law School Field Trip

• Business Management II Simulations

News

Movie Night with Mavericks

• News

Recyclable Electronics

• Business Management II Simulations

News

Innocent or Guilty

• Business Management II Simulations

News

Students Encouraged to Attend College and Career Fair

• Business Management II Simulations

News

The FUN Assembly

• Business Management II Simulations

News

Digital Game Development I’s First Games