Filed under News

The Public Education Foundation Scholarship Extensions

The deadline for the Public Education Foundation scholarship has been extended from January 31st to February 18th.  There are many students at A-TECH who have created accounts and drafted essays, but have not submitted.

“Yes, I signed up for the scholarship,” said senior Destini Johnson. “I’ve known about this scholarship since I came to this school and teachers have been very helpful in giving me more information about it.”

Only specific PEF scholarships have been extended, but a couple of them were still due January 31st.

Started From the Bottom Scholarship: students with a 3.75 or higher may apply. Students must be planning to attend a post-secondary college or university as a full time student. Two scholarships at $1,000 each will be awarded.

The A-TECH Legal Studies Scholarship: seniors with a 3.0 GPA or higher may apply. Preference will be given to students with financial need and finalists may be interviewed. Two scholarships will be awarded, one in the amount of $1,500 and another for $1,000.

A-TECH Advanced Placement Scholarship: seniors who have taken one or more AP classes may apply for this scholarship. Two scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $500 each.

A-TECH Adversity Scholarship: Students who have overcome adversity may apply for this scholarship. Two scholarships in the amount of $500 each will be offered.

A-TECH Faculty scholarship: students with a GPA of 2.5 or higher may apply for the scholarship.  One scholarship in the amount of $500 each will be offered.

Nevada Powerful Partnership Scholarship – Advanced Technologies Academy (ATA): A-TECH students who are U.S. citizens may apply for this scholarship. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be involved in community service and volunteerism. Students must plan to attend secondary education as a full time student. Dependents of employees of NV Energy are not eligible to apply.

These scholarships are exclusive to A-TECH students, so if you are a senior who hasn’t applied for any yet, go to the website and apply. There are thousands of dollars up for grabs.

About the Writer
Ebube Okpara, Cub Reporter

If I spent as much time on studying as I did on social media I would have straight A's.