The Public Education Foundation Scholarship Extensions

The deadline for the Public Education Foundation scholarship has been extended from January 31st to February 18th.  There are many students at A-TECH who have created accounts and drafted essays, but have not submitted.

“Yes, I signed up for the scholarship,” said senior Destini Johnson. “I’ve known about this scholarship since I came to this school and teachers have been very helpful in giving me more information about it.”

Only specific PEF scholarships have been extended, but a couple of them were still due January 31st.

Started From the Bottom Scholarship: students with a 3.75 or higher may apply. Students must be planning to attend a post-secondary college or university as a full time student. Two scholarships at $1,000 each will be awarded.

The A-TECH Legal Studies Scholarship: seniors with a 3.0 GPA or higher may apply. Preference will be given to students with financial need and finalists may be interviewed. Two scholarships will be awarded, one in the amount of $1,500 and another for $1,000.

A-TECH Advanced Placement Scholarship: seniors who have taken one or more AP classes may apply for this scholarship. Two scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $500 each.

A-TECH Adversity Scholarship: Students who have overcome adversity may apply for this scholarship. Two scholarships in the amount of $500 each will be offered.

A-TECH Faculty scholarship: students with a GPA of 2.5 or higher may apply for the scholarship.  One scholarship in the amount of $500 each will be offered.

Nevada Powerful Partnership Scholarship – Advanced Technologies Academy (ATA): A-TECH students who are U.S. citizens may apply for this scholarship. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be involved in community service and volunteerism. Students must plan to attend secondary education as a full time student. Dependents of employees of NV Energy are not eligible to apply.

These scholarships are exclusive to A-TECH students, so if you are a senior who hasn’t applied for any yet, go to the website and apply. There are thousands of dollars up for grabs.