Inter-Council Meeting Reveals Plans for March Carnival to Club Representatives

A poster for the Inter-Council meeting

A poster for the Inter-Council meeting

Kahlin Lindholm

A poster for the Inter-Council meeting

Kahlin Lindholm

Kahlin Lindholm

A poster for the Inter-Council meeting

Student Council gave information to club representatives about a Carnival that is planned to take place in March during their most recent Inter-Council meeting, on Wednesday, January 16th. The Carnival is intended to provide a chance for clubs to raise funds for whatever they might need, with the meeting giving the clubs time to think of ideas for booths to host during the Carnival.

Each booth at the event will be hosted by a club or program area, and the profit from all tickets earned by each booth will go directly to that club or program area. This gives smaller clubs the opportunity to not only bring in more members, but provide better for their current members.

“This is really for you guys. Student Council wants to help you,” said Student Body President Tanya Yap. “We want to give clubs a chance to show what they can do.”

Clubs have already started to get excited for the event, with smaller clubs such as RPG Club, eSports Club, and Smash Club all planning to collaborate and bring in a sizable profit to provide better for their club members. Funding has been lacking for a majority of the niche clubs, and so some are scrambling to assemble some sort of plan to take advantage of the opportunity Student Council is presenting.

“Having the chance to support my club when we really haven’t had much of one until now is really awesome, and I can’t wait to show everyone what we have to offer,” said Sean Shao, President of eSports Club.

The Carnival will take place on Friday, March 1st, from 2:30 until 5 p.m.. Student Council will be charging $3 minimum for admission into the carnival in the form of 50 cent tickets.