High School Musical 4

Lucy Vargas

Disney announced that High School Musical 4 is in the making. East High is once again opening their doors for the East High Wildcats. E News recently posted an article that contained the planned characters and some shocking news. The original cast members won’t be joining in the fourth edition of the series. In fact the original sport in the movie will no longer be basketball but in fact soccer. Disney has yet to set an airdate, but based on the Cosmopolitan, Disney has released the following five main characters:

Erin:  The fierce soccer player who strives for excellence. Who happens to be the only girl on the boy’s soccer team.

Derek: The misunderstood bad boy with a soft-heart.

Campbell: Troy Bolton 2.0, The star of the show and the “hot” soccer captain. Who happens to be Sharpay and Ryan’s cousin.

Tamara: Used to be the Queen Bee and former cheerleader , trying to climb back up the social ladder to get all the attention to herself

Nathalie: the number one fan of East High, cheerleader and the big hearted best friend to Erin.

As expected, many believe Erin and Campbell will fall for each other since Campbell is Troy 2.0. However, Disney revealed that Erin and Derek will fall for eachother even though Campbell will do whatever he can to be with Erin. A love triangle is already in the making. E News had been lead to believe that both Ryan and Sharpay will return to High School Musical 4, but it is yet to be confirmed.

The Hollywood reporter recently came out with an article after finding out who will be directing the new movie as to the scriptwriter and of course the choreographer. Peter Barsocchini who wrote the previous movies and Dan Berendsen who wrote Hannah Montana: The Movie will co write the screenplay and script for the new movie. Jeffrey Hornaday the director and choreographer of the Teen Beach movies is said to be involved in the making of the movie. Bill Borden and Barry Rosenbush return as executive producers. Jason La Padura, Natalie Hart and Kendra Patterson of LaPadura/Hart/Patterson will serve as casting directors for the project.

As of right now Disney released a worldwide casting call, which means to all those who want to try out get your singing voices ready.

High School Musical is part of Disney Channel’s DNA,” Disney Channel President Gary Marsh said in a statement. “It embodies all that we stand for. As a way of continuing to embrace that heritage, we’re excited to announce ‘the start of something new’ as we launch a search for a new class of East High Wildcats to star in a fourth installment of the High School Musical franchise.”