Little Miracles

Miracle Minute Puts on ‘Shop With a Cop’ Fundraiser at Lunch

On Friday, November 30, A-TECH participated in the Miracle Minute charity program’s ‘Shop With a Cop’ event. During this event, students walked around the cafeteria with purple boxes, collecting donations for the ‘Shop with a Cop’ program, which takes children in need to the mall to shop with police officers.

This program has been successful in showing children a good time in the past, and now A-TECH is bringing its own hands into the operation.

“The organization is really touching (…) It helps kids who can’t afford to get a present this year,” said sophomore volunteer Roiva Vinca Karagdag. “It’s just giving kids an opportunity — a chance to give a present — because all kids aren’t fortunate enough to receive one.”

Even dollar donations have proven to go a long way, but the main problem ‘Shop With A Cop’ faces in school fundraisers like these is the fact that students often lack the money to donate.

“If I would, I could,” said freshman Saul Chavez. “I just don’t have any money”.

A-TECH harbors students with kind hearts, and the Miracle Minute volunteers are proof of that. Though there is no official count of the money collected thus far, every penny will be aimed towards bringing a hint of Christmas cheer to children who aren’t as fortunate as us.