Freshmen Orientation

Freshmen+Orientation

Johanna Guerrero, co-Editor-in-Chief

Students from various middle schools came to A-TECH last night to learn more about the Mavericks and registration for the upcoming school year. As the school year approaches its end, next year’s potential A-TECH freshmen have already walked through the doors as we welcome those interested in being the A-TECH class of 2020.

Young students and their parents met with counselors to learn more about the classes offered here and the program areas available. As a technology-based school A-TECH has programs like information technology, computer science, and other programs that expand outside of that.

“I’m looking forward to all the classes, especially graphic design,” said eighth grader Olivia Fink from Hyde Park.

Many students who came to orientation were interested in attending A-TECH because of the school’s rank as the number one high school in Nevada.

Jeanette Lopez Ramos from Jim Bridger says she looks forward to,”a good four years, and a good education since A-TECH is the top school in Nevada.”

Ambassadors who were set up around the hallways guided students and talked to them about the educational focus A-TECH students have as student body.

Gibson middle school student Paulina Martinez likes A-TECH because she’s “looking for a school that has good standards and focuses on good curriculum.”

For many of them, they will come to A-TECH the next school year and face their first year of high school with the impression that the school gave them on freshmen orientation.

Students like Charise Bennett from Roy Martin are excited to face “a challenge and [to] meet new people.”