Filed under Features

National Birthdays

Other than birthdays and national holidays in the U.S, there are important days going unnoticed: national days. A numerous amount of people don’t realize that many of them fall on their birthdays.

Kayla Vo, a 9th grader in the High School of Business program area, was unaware of her birthday being on national Kiss And Makeup Day.

“My birthday is August 25 and I did not know my birthday was on Kiss And Make Up day. That’s really weird but cool at the same time,” said Vo.

She would of wanted her birthday to be on a different national day instead.

“I would change my birthday to national girlfriend day because it sounds like a lovely day to have a birthday on,” mentioned Vo.

Gideon Salagubang, a 10 grader in the computer science program area, was shocked when he found out what national day falls on his birthday.

“My birthday is October 25 and no I did not know my birthday falls under national fast food day. That’s probably why I am always eating McDonald’s,” mentioned Salagubang.

Salagubang would prefer his birthday to be on a national holiday instead, along with other national days.

“Due to my family not celebrating Halloween, I would love to be able to go out and  be able to get candy while dressing up instead of getting candy from a candy bag my parents give us,” mentioned Salagubang.

Other people may actually want to keep the national day that falls on their birthday. Victoria Lindemann thinks it’s a coincidence how her birthday is on her favorite pie day.

“I don’t think I want my birthday to be on a different national day because I love Banana Cream Pie. It is my favorite, and no one makes it better than my grandmother,” mentioned Lindemann.

National days can be really interesting. Everyone has a national birthday, whether they know it or not. Go ahead and check yours.

About the Contributors
Semaj Thomas, Cub Reporter

I’m a very social person that likes to talk to any and everyone I can. For freetime I like to play video games and basketball. My favorite T.V show...

Jonet Anderson, Cub Reporter

When I have nothing else to do you will catch me coloring, watching Spongebob, or watching Criminal Minds. I love basketball; I just don’t play. Oh,...

• National Birthdays

Features

Freshmen Thoughts on the Odyssey Quest

• National Birthdays

Features

Tips For Getting Noticed

• National Birthdays

Features

Is Take Your Child To Work Day Really That Important?

• National Birthdays

Features

Article 13 In the E.U.

• National Birthdays

Features

Zappos Field Trip

• National Birthdays

Features

R.I.P. AirPower

• National Birthdays

Features

How to Get Your Homework Done: Tips from a Chronic Procrastinator

• National Birthdays

Features

Tips for Young Authors #4: The Devil’s in What?

• National Birthdays

Features

Senior Capstone Photo Essay

• National Birthdays

Features

A-TECH Reacts: Egg Boy