Filed under Features, Student Life

Athletes at A-TECH: Autumn Wrap-Up

With the end of high school fall season, many sports teams have ended or are in ongoing playoffs. Sports like football, womens and mens soccer, and women’s volleyball are coming to an end.

Even though A-TECH has no sports to offer, there are still plenty of student athletes.

One of the students athletes here at A-TECH is Soccer player Carlos Sanchez, who plays for Las Vegas High School at the SWEP position.

Carlos has had great success in his fall season and he and the Wildcats rode through playoffs with some hard competitions and went on to win the state championship. With the fact of playoffs on his mind and winning state Carlos was still able to maintain his grades and not just lose focus.

“Simply do your work, have a planner, and work hard at everything you do equals success,” said Sanchez.

Carlos Sanchez  scored 2 goals and 1 assist throughout the season. One goal being in the Southern Regional Finals.

Another one of our student athletes at A-TECH is Football player Braxton Little. He plays for Foothill High School at Outside Linebacker. The falcons are still riding high in the playoffs with a win over Durango in the First round last week. They go into the second round to face Bishop Gorman this week. Braxton was also able to maintain his school load and his athletic side.

“If you have enough dedication, finding that balance between school and football life is easier to find and accomplish.”

Lastly another one of our athletes is Wrestler Rio Roybal-Benson. He wrestles for Palo Verde High School. He wrestles on the JV team at the 132 weight class. Although wrestling is a winter sport most winter sports start during the summer. Meaning that Rio had to already start practicing with school on his mind.

“I have do my work on the bus, cheat, anything to pass my classes”

Although we don’t have many athletes at our school the one that are here put in the extra work of having a prestigious school and maintaining athletics at the same. I myself being an athlete also find it somewhat difficult. Having season all year with football, wrestling, and field. If you just put the dedication you have in sports into school, it makes it all the easier.

About the Writers
Scott Wolkenhauer, Cub Reporter

I’m a student athlete and I play football, I wrestle, and I run track. Some things I like are sports, video games, and anime. My hopes are to excel in...

Edward Parra, Cub Reporter

Heyo! My name is Ed and I’m a wacky dude! I love to sleep and I love adventures! I’m a pretty outgoing person and love meeting new, interesting people!