Filed under News

Junior Mock Trial Project

Juniors in the their trial advocacy class have had to assemble and present their Famous Trials project to be able to form law related trials and be ready for their Mock Trial project.

The Mock Trial project is almost a bigger version of the Famous Trials. Students choose a play or movie to perform, relating to law, with a few more requirements that include of a playbill and everything that meets the collaboration work standards.

“The famous trial assignment is very interesting because we get to see all of our own takes on it,” said junior Chris Hughes. “It’s insane how we take a week to put a whole trial together.”

This project is a very collaborative assignment in which the students have to work together to be able to get good results. The juniors have to work together to prepare props, costumes, scenery, and publicity. They must also work in rehearsal time. 

“Students look forward to doing this. It’s the most teamwork thing they’ll have to do in their entire stay here at A-TECH,”said David Eason, Legal Studies teacher.

Their performance will take place in the lecture hall on February 20 and 22 where all of the classes will be able to come.

Eason tied in his enthusiasm to the class, his love for Broadway plays helped him develop the assignment that is known as the famous trials.

Not only does Eason enjoy watching the students production of the play, but students enjoy presenting and completing the project.

About the Contributor
Alexa Flores, Cub Reporter

I don’t do much right now but with the things that I do right now hopefully it’ll lead me to see many clear, blue beaches in the world and to see many...

• Junior Mock Trial Project

News

Architecture Type Poster

• News

HSU Toy Drive

• News

Woodwind and Brass Band Afterschool Practice

• Junior Mock Trial Project

News

A New Face in the IT Classroom

• Junior Mock Trial Project

News

COCO Movie night

• Junior Mock Trial Project

News

A-TECH Partners with Three Chinese High Schools

• Junior Mock Trial Project

News

ACT Word of The Week: Syntax

• Junior Mock Trial Project

News

Speech and Debate On A Roll

• Junior Mock Trial Project

News

The Key to Clown College

• Junior Mock Trial Project

News

And… Action! Skits in Spanish I