Filed under Features

Worst First Dates (Boys Edition)

MaxPixel

MaxPixel

Yes, one time or another, we all go through a pretty rough first date. It is nearly inevitable. In our previous article we mentioned how the girls have it. Does the opinion between girls and boys differ? Now that we have heard from the gals of A-TECH, why don’t we turn the tables and find out what the gentlemen have to say? 

“I finally decided to ask out this girl I had a crush on weeks. During the date, we went to go get something to eat and that’s when we ran into my friend from school. My date knew my friend, but they didn’t really get along. I didn’t want to be rude and ditch my friend, so I invited him to eat with us. This was a huge mistake because the whole time we were eating, he just sat there awkwardly. We didn’t know what to do or say, we really didn’t want him there, but I felt bad,” said freshman Nasirevans Evans.

Evans may have had a third wheel, but freshmen Carlos Reza had it worse.

“We met up at a shopping mall in Downtown Summerlin. It started off kind of lame because the whole time we were together she kept looking down at her phone and not paying attention to me. I wondered who she was texting so I looked over unto her phone and read another guy’s name. I was pretty upset, but I wanted to give her a chance to redeem herself. I asked whether she was going to keep texting this guy or actually be committed to our relationship. She didn’t give me a direct answer, so I broke up with her,” said Reza.

Being ignored sucks, but can you imagine getting getting dumped in front of your entire school?

“Okay, so this girl and I had been talking for awhile. And with the 8th grade dance just around the corner, I knew that I had to man up and ask her to go with me. I asked, and she agreed to go. I was super excited because I really liked her. Speed forward to halfway through the dance, out of nowhere she came up to me all upset saying that I was too much for her and broke up with me before we even started dating. All my friends were with their dates and it felt so embarrassing being rejected in front of them,” said sophomore Caiden Sanborn.

What’s worse than rejection? Try having your date crushing on another guy RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

“This date started off at an ice cream parlor. I thought this would be the perfect place to take her since you know, everybody loves ice cream. With our ice cream cones in our hands, we decided to stroll around and just talk for awhile. But as soon as we began walking, all that came out of her mouth was the fact that she found this other guy attractive. I felt uncomfortable and really wanted to leave, but I didn’t want to be rude. So I just walked next to her and painfully listened,” said junior Declan Corea.

Corea isn’t the only one who went on a date with a girl who could only talk about another guy. Just ask junior Martin Bell.

“I really liked her, so I wanted to take her somewhere fancy like Olive Garden. We were having a good time, up until she suddenly starts crying and starts ranting about her ex-boyfriend and how she missed him. And I was just like, ‘Listen, I don’t wanna hear about him!’ She continued to talk about the dude for the next two hours, until I had had enough and finally said I had to go to the bathroom. Then I left,” said Bell.

About the Writers
Brenda Vargas, Cub Reporter

“I love myself even though I look like a BURNT chicken nugget.”

Angel Mesiti, Cub Reporter

I like anime, animals, boxing, music, food, and crime TV shows. I also really like making characters and reading crime and fantasy books.

Also, do...

• Features

Teachers Using the ACT Word of the Week: “Syntax”

• Worst First Dates (Boys Edition)

Features

Who Cares About Thanksgiving?

• Worst First Dates (Boys Edition)

Features

Thanksgiving Break is Around the Corner

• Worst First Dates (Boys Edition)

Features

Ants Are Taking Over A-TECH!

• Worst First Dates (Boys Edition)

Features

Film Favorites of Fall

• Worst First Dates (Boys Edition)

Features

Songs To Remember Me By

• Worst First Dates (Boys Edition)

Features

Pros and Cons of A-TECH

• Worst First Dates (Boys Edition)

Features

Criminal Justice at the Mob Museum

• Worst First Dates (Boys Edition)

Features

We Had A Presentation Today?

• Worst First Dates (Boys Edition)

Features

A-TECH Halloween Costumes