IT Freshman Class Rebuild Computers

Luke

A-TECH IT students have been working on rebuilding a computer they had taken apart and some students completed the process on October 19. These student rebuilt their computer with resources provided.

“I put the wiring, the power supply, cables, CPU, motherboard, video cards, [and] hard drives,” said Freshman Allen Bouchard.

This was a difficult task to accomplish, as some students had not been exposed to this type of project before and still thought the process was not completely stressful, but also entertaining.

“Once or twice there was something wrong in the last 5 minutes of class, [and I] had to fix everything in 5 minutes… It was very stressful, but it was pretty fun,” said Freshman Cade Romero.

Although some students have finished rebuilding the computer, there is still a lot more to do with it according to IT teacher Melissa Perrin-Smith.

“They still have to put the heat syncs in… the software,” said Perrin-Smith.

For some, being in the lab and being able to do this type of stuff is very enjoyable.

“Some of us had never built a computer before; I had personally never seen parts inside of one… I’ve always wanted to build a computer. It was a lot of fun doing it, I really enjoyed myself while I was doing it,” said Romero.

The whole process of building a computer may be difficult, but for these students it was fun. Now these students explain that they can now build one in less than an hour and feel happy doing what they do.