FBLA’s New Cafe

FBLA’s New Cafe

freestocks-photos

freestocks-photos

freestocks-photos

Starting last week on October 22, FBLA has began a new service at A-TECH inside the SAC. That service is a café where you can buy coffee and smoothies for the price of $2.50. Gregory Bailey, A-TECH teacher and FBLA Advisor, helped to come up with the idea with his club because he believed that the student population was being under-served.

When asked about what was the purpose of the café, he responded with, “our population is under-served. We don’t have frappés, we don’t have smoothies, we don’t have coffee drinks, and I just felt that students needed that.”

As Bailey believes this service was a need for the students, he also responded to a question about the longevity of the new business.

“I hope so. We’ll see, we try a lot of things. We’ve had a couple failures. You just try different things and see how it works,”said Bailey.

Mr. Bailey thinks that this commodity could be a permanent business in the school, as so do students.

“I feel it is a mini Starbucks at our school. I do hope this remains as a long term service at the school. It is very good,” said junior Jordan Powell.

In addition, she thinks the general population at the school enjoy the new café.

Junior Vanessa Fuentes also liked the idea of the new café, but she also had a couple issues with the service.

“I think it’s good, but just based on other stores it seems kinda over priced. Even though this café is really popular, it’s not exactly maybe the most hygienic institute,” said Fuentes.

This new café has obviously caused a buzz around the school. Many people seem to really like it and think it could be a long term business at A-TECH.