Filed under News

Children’s clothing drive

English teachers will be accepting donations of warm clothing, sizes big enough to fit pre-k to fifth graders, throughout October 8 – 19 for this years drive. Gently worn clothes are accepted and appreciated.

“We’re going to donate it to an organization or to children who are in need of clothes,” said senior Tanya Yap.

This years drive is a great opportunity to help out the community and someone else in need. So if students have warm clothes for pre-K or through fifth grade students, they should look for the box in their English class.

“I think it’s a good idea because there are so many people who have clothes that they don’t use anymore and it’s better to give them away so someone else can use them,” said Yap. “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”

Student council organized the clothing drive event this year. Each year they do a different drive and already have ideas for a drive later this year: a food drive. Students can donate warm clothing that they don’t wear for someone else in need and lookout for a food drive later this year.

About the Writer
Alexa Flores, Cub Reporter

I don’t do much right now but with the things that I do right now hopefully it’ll lead me to see many clear, blue beaches in the world and to see many beautiful cities.