Filed under News

Freshman Academic Plans

The time for A-TECH freshman students has arrived to discuss and complete their academic plan in the library on Oct. 15-16 in order to plan out their future academic career with their counselors.

Students are doing this in October for one important reason. Waiting longer to do this with their counselors is not the best idea.

“[They are doing it] just so it can open up their eyes and help them start thinking about what kind of career or college opportunities there are out there,” said counselor Alisa Nyznyk.

While completing this assignment students will also get the opportunity to recognize the classes they should take for the diploma they want.

“Students should take this seriously because it is going to map up their academic career, and help them get ready for after high school,” said Nyznyk.

Not every 9th grader knows what they want to put on their academic plan when the time comes for them to meet with their counselors.

” I don’t have any idea on what classes I want to put down on my academic plan for next year because I am honestly just trying to make it day by day and thinking about next year isn’t really on the top of my list right now,” said freshman Semaj Thomas.

The academic plan isn’t the easiest thing to do for everyone. Planning your classes for future years in high school can be time consuming and stressful.

” I wasn’t sure what classes were best for me based on difficulty. I wanted to choose various AP classes in my junior year, but I didn’t know what would be best for me,” said sophomore Kamieko Goines.

This academic plan is probably something freshman should go over with their parents, so they know for sure what is best for them and what classes will get them the diploma they want.

About the Photographer
Jonet Anderson, Cub Reporter

When I have nothing else to do you will catch me coloring, watching Spongebob, or watching Criminal Minds. I love basketball; I just don’t play. Oh, and I’m an exciting, creative person who loves chips.

• News

ACT: Vacuous

• News

Autumn Moon Festival Art Contest Honorary Winners

• News

Do You Have a Favorite Teacher?

• Freshman Academic Plans

News

Oasis Concert

• Freshman Academic Plans

News

What’s Up With HoCo?

• Freshman Academic Plans

News

Students Apply for Sun Youth Forum

• Freshman Academic Plans

News

Board Game Marathon Scheduled for Nov. 2

• News

Famous Trials in Trial Advocacy

• Freshman Academic Plans

News

ACT Word of the Week: Vacuous

• Freshman Academic Plans

News

CCSD Church Services At A-TECH