Rebel for a Day Field Trip

Rebel for a Day Field Trip

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018, seniors of the business program took the “Rebel for a Day” field trip to the UNLV campus here in Las Vegas.

This field trip has been called “Rebel for a Day,” because it gives students insight on what it would be like to be a business student in UNLV.

The participants of this field trip departed from A-TECH at 8:00 a.m. in the hopes of arriving at the UNLV campus at 9:00 a.m. From that point, it took a good 30 minutes for everyone to settle down, and for the planned events of the day to begin.

The first thing they had planned on the itinerary was a seminar. This seminar will be giving an overview of the UNLV Lee school of business, basically what it’s all about. The duration of this seminar was 1 hr 30 mins, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

After the seminar was completed, the second thing on the schedule was the tour of UNLV, This tour lasted from 11: a.m. to 12: p.m. This part of the trip included giving students the grand tour, from the cafeteria to the classroom, all the grounds of UNLV will be covered.

It was now officially time for lunch. At this point in the trip, the students have covered everything planned on the trip for UNLV. They’re given a chance to recharge by being given a free meal, courtesy of the school. 

The final thing on the schedule was to depart UNLV. The participants in the field trip departed UNLV at 1:00 pm and were back on A-TECH grounds at 2:00 pm.

The purpose of this field trip would be to educate the A-TECH  students participating in this trip on the life of a business student. They’re getting a feel of what it would be like to be a student at A-TECH to help determine if they would like to go there or not.

This trip also excites and really puts things into perspective for students who plan to go to Business School.

Greg Bailey, the teacher for Advanced Studies Business describes how this puts things into perspective for the students.

“Just to see what Business school is like at the collegiate level. So whether they go to UNR or some other school, they’ll be able to see this is what to expect.” Said Bailey.

The teachers who escorted the students on this trip will be Greg Bailey and Kelly Charles.

The UNLV Lee Business school holds several rankings in the nations such as top 5% of Business schools worldwide to hold dual accreditation by the AACSB, most diverse campus in the nation, and 3rd best accounting program in the west.

The programs offered at the college include Accounting, Finance,  Economics, Management, Entrepreneurship, and Technology, Marketing and international business and finally MBA programs.